How CfR is Responding to COVID-19
Given all that is happening in the world right now with the COVID-19 pandemic, Casting for Recovery has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 retreat season kick-off scheduled for March 28, 2020. Here at CfR we always prioritize the safety of the breast cancer community. Many of our participants are in the high-risk population (over 60 and with underlying health issues or compromised immune systems) and many of our volunteers fall into those categories as well. Retreats scheduled for March and April will be postponed or cancelled. The CfR national staff and Board of Trustees are working closely with volunteers to provide up-to-date communications to participants. None of us make these decisions lightly. In the meantime for up-to-date information on COVID-19 visit the CDC’s website HERE.
Take the following steps to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and/or sneeze
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
We are heartbroken and know how much these retreats mean to the women we serve. We hope to relaunch our retreat season as soon and as safely possible.