Build a TMR Bamboo Rod
Tom Morgan Rodsmiths and Casting for Recovery have paired up to offer one lucky gal to win the opportunity to build a bamboo fly rod in Bozeman, MT.
This bamboo rod building class is a women’s class only held at the TMR shop in Bozeman, the week of October 6th, 2019. $20.00 per ticket or purchase a bundle of 5 for $100.00. Winner will be responsible for their own travel, meals and lodging. Class retail value $1,850. Drawing held 6/30, need not be present to win. Purchase tickets HERE.
Bamboo Rod Building Class Includes:
- One week build of the bamboo rod of your choice. We will open up Tom’s taper book to class participants but can also accommodate other tapers if you bring one along
- Instruction in the use of the Morgan Handmill from set-up through roughing and finishing. You will start with a raw culm on Sunday and go home with a finished rod on Friday
- Select and shape your handle, select from our burl wood reel seats, uplock/downlock/slideband hardware, agate stripping guide, Snake Brand bamboo guides and a variety of thread colors
- Instruction on wrapping the rod and coating wraps
- All rods come with tube and bag
- Lunch included each day as well as first night BBQ at the shop
- If you have taken a class with us before and this is your second class, you can hollow your rod, build a three piece rod or build a second tip
- Optional: If you would like to extend your stay and do some fishing, TMR can work with Montana Angler to put together guides for you (additional cost for extending the trip)
Despite the popularity of fiberglass and graphite, bamboo rods remain the pinnacle. They are highly prized by anglers both for their collector’s value as well as for their great fishing attributes. How could this be? Perhaps the greatest reason is bamboo rods have been the foundation of our fly fishing heritage since the late 1800s. Countless rod makers pursue the craft of designing and building rods to match their ideas for the perfect casting and fishing rod. Many of these rods are truly works of art; they represent the attainment of near perfection in the embodiment of form and function.
Support Casting for Recovery by taking a chance to build a custom rod of a lifetime. Purchase tickets HERE.