Receive Updates and Newsfrom Casting for Recovery
To view your retreat’s web page, click the state in which you live:
WHAT WE DO
- Offer a 2–1/2 day retreat for 14 women per retreat, at no cost to participants.
- Provide fly-fishing instruction and breast cancer information in a setting that helps lessen isolation, providing a recreational activity with both physical and emotional benefits
- Help participants go forward optimistically with new knowledge and new friends
- Provide an experience that promotes coping and problem-solving skills
- Provide methods to gain self-esteem, network, make new friends, and learn new skills as a commitment to the future.
- Provide a forum to broaden understanding about breast cancer treatment and enable sharing among participants
Physicians and breast center personnel recommend Casting for Recovery because they know that it helps provide tools needed for a healthier life (click HERE for more information on how Casting for Recovery can positively impact quality of life).
A Casting for Recovery weekend is about empowerment
Knowing little about fly fishing, women learn the basics while experiencing a spirit of trust and sharing that cannot be put into words.
The Casting for Recovery program has generated a wide circle of survivors whose new-found understanding and enthusiasm creates ripples outward in their communities, among their friends, families, and colleagues, helping improve the quality of their lives.