Receive Updates and Newsfrom Casting for Recovery
To view your retreat’s web page, click the state in which you live:
As more and more women survive breast cancer, the need to provide continued support and education is essential. The goal of Casting for Recovery-Washington is to focus on wellness and empowerment of women in any stage of breast cancer. We do this by teaching women the therapeutic sport of fly fishing, a sport for life.
Through the weekend retreats, survivors learn the sport of fly fishing in conjunction with receiving breast cancer education and peer support. Each aspect of the program is implemented by accomplished volunteer fly-fishing instructors and trained volunteer medical and psychosocial facilitators.
The weekend retreat is offered at no cost to the participants, and is provided to women who reside in Washington, in all stages of breast cancer treatment and recovery. Participants are selected at random and will be notified of their application status once the selection process is completed.
For more information on the Washington program, please contact:
Casting for Recovery Retreat - Washington
- Date: September 26-28, 2014, apply by 7/18/14
- Leader: Jane Gutting
- Location: Whistlin' Jack Lodge, Naches, WA
- Purpose: Retreat for Washington breast cancer survivors
- Cost: Free for participants
- Scope: Conduct a 3-day retreat for breast cancer survivors
- Sign-up via application
If you reside in one of the following counties (Pend Oreille, Spokane, Whitman, Garfield and Asotin) you are also eligible to apply for the CFR retreat held in North Idaho. Click here for information about this retreat.
Casting for Recovery relies on the enthusiasm and support of its loyal volunteers to plan and staff our retreats, as well as conduct fundraising events. Volunteering will enrich your life and the lives of other with new hope, new skills. Apply to be a volunteer.
Your generous donation will help us expand our capacity to meet the ever-growing demand for our services. Your contribution is tax-deductible. DONATE NOW!
- Date: May 16-18, 2014
- Leader: Judy Graham
- Location: Cle Elum, WA
- Purpose: Bringing women together to celebrate, reconnect, learn the art of flyfishing and create a sense of community
- Cost: $375, all inclusive
- Make check to "Casting for Recovery-Washington". Mail check to Judy Graham, Casting for Recovery-Washington, 4236 Sunset Beach Dr. NW, Olympia, WA 98502,
- Only 20 spaces available.
- Registration due by May 8, 2014.
Read about us in the New York Times! Casting for Recovery was featured in the special "Giving Section" in November 2010.